About Celsius Network
Celsius addresses the financial needs of today’s consumers worldwide through a democratized interest income and lending platform accessible via a mobile app and website. With a mission to put unparalleled economic freedom in the hands of the people, and a core belief that financial services should only do what is in the best interests of the community, Celsius is a modern platform where membership provides access to curated financial services that are not available through traditional financial institutions. Crypto holders can earn high-yield compounding interest by transferring coins to their Celsius account and can borrow fiat currency against their crypto collateral at the lowest interest rates in the space.
The Celsius team is committed to doing good and doing well. We believe in the power of disruption and the importance of decentralization to create a new system that acts in the best interest of everyone. Each member of our team brings something unique and innovative to the table, but the common thread that links us together is our passion for blockchain, equality, and leading the next financial revolution that changes the equation to bring power back to the people.
- Review, draft, negotiate and interpret a variety of agreements to support Celsius’ Fin-Tech business, including but not limited to, software, technology and data licensing agreements, as well as purchasing/vendor contracts and other complex agreements related to the company’s domestic and international operations.
- Provide ongoing and proactive strategic advice regarding operational and financial business risks and counsel on contract interpretation and potential dispute issues.
- Proactively and cost-effectively monitor and manage potential disputes, and keep stakeholders advised regarding the status of those disputes.
- Ensure that all agreements accurately reflect Celsius’ business objectives and comply with all laws and regulatory requirements.
- Draft and revise complex key legal documents in connection with major domestic and cross-border transactions, including M&A agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, and limited liability company agreements, and prepare issues lists in connection therewith.
- Advise clients and negotiate with counter-party counsel on ancillary transaction documents (including without limitation disclosure schedules, transition services agreements, equity commitment letters and various side letters), and draft and review transaction term sheets.
- Maintain compliance of corporate transactions with domestic regulations imposed by regulatory bodies including the SEC, the NYSE, the FTC and the DOJ.
- Work closely with Celsius’ leadership and law department on strategic initiatives providing advice and counsel on a variety of legal matters that may arise out of the company’s business, including without limitation IP, privacy and regulatory issues.
- Must possess an LLB law degree from a leading academic faculty, and qualification to practice law in Israel.
- 4-6 years of professional legal experience as a commercial/corporate lawyer in a legal department of a publicly traded company or a corporate/hi-tech department in a leading law firm.
- Significant experience in negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements, including without limitation software licenses, SaaS and other technology related agreements.
- Knowledge in privacy laws and experience in negotiation of data transfer agreements.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law.
- Outstanding negotiation skills; excellent communication skills; service-oriented; a team player; ability to work under pressure.
- Fluent in English and Hebrew.
- Experience working with a global Fin-Tech company is a plus.
- Knowledge of and interest in crypto is a plus.