Celsius addresses the financial needs of today’s consumers worldwide through a democratized interest income and lending platform accessible via mobile and desktop app. With a mission to put unparalleled economic freedom in the hands of the people, and a core belief that financial services should only do what is in the best interests of the community, Celsius is a modern earning and lending platform where membership provides access to curated financial services that are not available through traditional financial institutions. Crypto holders can earn yield on the digital assets in their account with Celsius, and can borrow fiat or stable coins against their crypto collateral at the lowest interest rates in the space.
The Celsius team is committed to doing good and doing well. We believe in the power of disruption and the importance of decentralization to create a new system that acts in the best interest of everyone. Each member of our team brings something unique and innovative to the table, but the common thread that links us together is our passion for blockchain, equality, and leading the next financial revolution that changes the equation to bring power back to the people.
- Celsius is looking for a Model Risk Manager to help build the model risk control activities and processes to ensure the business opportunities and risks are in line with the firm's risk appetite
- The ideal candidate is someone who can flex from individual contributor to a leader as the risk function grows.
- Build / enhance the processes to identify, assess, measure and manage risks - e.g., market, credit, operational.
- Develop an understanding of the end to end Risk Management process starting from Trade Capture, Models, and Risk limits across various asset classes.
- Build a foundation to review, challenge, and improve the existing framework.
- Evaluate and present analysis on new risk taking initiatives.
- Perform in depth risk analysis, reporting, and monitoring, in line with established practices.
- Engaging with all relevant parties in respect of new products, business process changes, or other emerging risks.
- 5+ years financial services experience
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills (MS in statistics, mathematics, physics or similar)
- Strong understanding of statistical methods
- Thorough linear algebra and multivariate analysis knowledge
- Sound programming skills (data manipulation, statistical methods, ML/AI)
- Full stack mindset: developing from backend to frontend and being able to present results to management
- Basic understanding of crypto currencies and smart contracts
- Model risk fundamentals (developing, maintaining, monitoring and documenting financials models)
- Crypto experience preferred.
- Team player, able to work independently with limited oversight
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing market conditions