About Celsius Network
Celsius addresses the financial needs of today’s consumers worldwide through a democratized interest income and lending platform accessible via mobile and desktop app. With a mission to put unparalleled economic freedom in the hands of the people, and a core belief that financial services should only do what is in the best interests of the community, Celsius is a modern earning and lending platform where membership provides access to curated financial services that are not available through traditional financial institutions. Crypto holders can earn yield on the digital assets in their account with Celsius, and can borrow fiat or stablecoins against their crypto collateral at the lowest interest rates in the space.
The Celsius team is committed to doing good and doing well. We believe in the power of disruption and the importance of decentralization to create a new system that acts in the best interest of everyone. Each member of our team brings something unique and innovative to the table, but the common thread that links us together is our passion for blockchain, equality, and leading the next financial revolution that changes the equation to bring power back to the people.
Position: Head of Accounting & Reporting - Celsius Mining
Location: Hoboken, NJ / New York Area
Celsius Network is currently searching for a Head of Accounting & Reporting to join our Mining team.
- Working in conjunction with the Controller and VP Finance , prepare and manage all aspects of our external filings, including, when applicable, SEC reporting and filings.
- Update financial statements, disclosures, footnotes, and MD&A.
- Ensure compliance with all disclosure requirements, including SEC and FASB, when applicable
- Manage reporting timeline, including developing quarterly reporting calendar and communicating key dates to all internal stakeholders, including Finance, Corporate Communications, and Legal, as well as external stakeholders (auditors and external counsel)
- Coordinate the review of filings by management management, auditors, and legal counsel and ensure that all comments received from these parties were updated (if necessary) in the relevant filing.
- Work closely with the Corporate Communications team to ensure that the earnings release aligns with the financial reporting
- Perform financial analytics including variance analysis around the information disclosed in the external reports/disclosures.
- Manage quarterly reviews with auditors
- Lead implementation efforts and ongoing monitoring of significant new pronouncements
- Analyze and document technical accounting concepts related to Celsius Networks business transactions
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls in relation to the financial reporting process
- Support the Finance team in a variety of strategic tasks and tactical projects
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
- CPA certification, active license status required
- 5+ years of experience, preferably with combination of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm and relevant financial reporting experience at a public company
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting position papers
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide, and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant industry experience with current or recent public company SEC financial reporting experience
- Passionate about cryptocurrency